Thursday, June 16, 2011

705 East First North Street - Those Places Thursday


Growing up in a Connecticut town full of winding roads I was always impressed with the neatly laid out streets in my mother's hometown of Morristown, TN. But I could never wrap my head around the street names. First, Second, Third Streets seemed clear enough, but once the quadrant names were added - well I was amazed. This is my Sawyer grandparent's home. It sits on a small rise. We would sit on the glider on the porch (barely visible on the right) and watch the world drive by. I know at one point I went looking for West First South Street. I don't remember if I ever found it...

3 comments:

  1. hahaha! I should go google and see where west first south street is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, I feel the same way about street names like that. Someone tried to explain the naming pattern to me once but I still don't get it. Beautiful house your grandparents had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! This posting brings back memories. My grandmother also had a glider on her porch. During the summer months she often sat on it and read the newspaper. Now that I think about it, I haven't seen a glider in years.

    ReplyDelete

Comments related to the information shared here are most appreciated. All comments are moderated, and since I am not actively researching right now it many take a day or two for your comment to post. Please know that it will post, and that I much appreciate the feedback.